Wednesday, January 26, 2011

From Ribbon Cuttin' to Penthouse Stuntin'

Print
Tuesday night marked the grand opening of the New World Symphony campus along with the Sound Scape park. What can I say that's not clearly obvious from the photos below. The new NWS campus was dreamed up by music director Michael Tilson Thomas and created by life long friend and architect Frank Gehry along with the help of acoustician Yasuhisa Toyota. The $160 million campus is hands down the most stunning achievement in the history of Miami Beach in the past few decades. The creativity that has gone into this building is just amazing from the marvelous projection system in the park, to the magnificent "sails" that suspend effortlessly from the ceiling in the auditorium. Over the past few weeks I've been to a few of the rehearsals for the grand opening and I believe it's safe to say I will never get tired of walking into that auditorium. I want to say thank you to my girlfriend Alex for everything and I just want to let you know that I'm so proud of you for all you hard work and efforts that you've put into the opening of this new building. I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work at tomorrow's concert. To everyone else, I'll let you know how it goes. For now enjoy the photos below from the ribbon cutting and premier of the projector aka the wallcast.

IMG_8074
IMG_8078
IMG_8127
IMG_8080
IMG_8083
IMG_8094
IMG_8089
IMG_8100
IMG_8101
IMG_8103
IMG_8104
IMG_8112
IMG_8114
IMG_8128
IMG_8133
IMG_8135
IMG_8146
IMG_8150
I also want to thank Julian from Lemon Yellow for the invite to the penthouse at Delano. The event was fun.
IMG_8169
IMG_8162
IMG_8160

IMG_0396-edit

The video above is of video of a forever evolving clock created by video artist Tal Rosner. The piece is composed of photos of the new building in it's construction period from all angles. I'm so happy that this will be playing most of the time while the projectors are on.

Currently listening to "Do it all" by Drake.

No comments: